A leading pharmaceutical packaging company in Singapore
APD Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Pte Ltd provides quality packaging in pharmaceutical industry company and are one of the largest pharmaceutical packaging companies in Singapore. We provide the best pharmaceutical packaging services. This pharmaceutical packaging company has pharmaceutical packaging equipment, and all production standards meet regulatory requirements in pharmaceutical packaging. At the same time, it is one of the largest pharmaceutical packaging companies in Singapore.
What is packaging of pharmaceutical product?
Pharmaceutical packaging (packaging in pharmaceutical industry) is the packaging and packaging process of pharmaceutical preparations. It is the synthesis of all operations from production to drug distribution channels to consumers.
Pharmaceutical packaging (packaging in pharmaceutical industry) is strictly regulated, but details vary depending on the country or region of origin. Several factors that are affected include: Assurance of patient safety, Assurance of drug efficacy within expected shelf life, Drug consistency across production batches, Complete documentation of all materials and processes, Control of possible migration of packaging components to drug, oxygen, moisture , heat and other control of drug degradation, to prevent microbial contamination, sterility and other effects. Communication of proper use and warning labels is also regulated. Packaging is an integral part of pharmaceutical products.
Types of packaging
All pharmaceuticals, such as solids, liquids and gases, can be packaged in various packages. E.g
Blister packs (mainly tablets and capsules packed in this pack)
Aluminum-aluminum packaging (widely used in multivitamins, antibiotics, anti-diabetic and other drugs, mainly capsules are packaged in this packaging).
Plastic bottles (These plastic bottles come in various colors depending on the medicine, but mostly amber bottles are used because it protects from sunlight. It will be used for liquid products. It is available in different sizes).
Glass bottles (these are widely available and some medicines or medicines can only be packed in glass bottles).
HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Containers (This type of packaging is used for food supplements and nutritional products in tablet, capsule and powder form.)
Plastic tube (for creams and gels)
Glass injection (both small and large volume injections are packaged in this packaging material)
Carton (where the final product is packaged).
Caps (for bottles, tubes, containers, some injections. Mainly metal, rubber, glass, cork, plastic caps for medicinal products.).
Metal Containers (This is mostly used to pack other powders.)
Packaging material quality
Quality testing of packaging materials is very important for product quality assurance, and these tests require the use of various methods. These tests determine the quality, integrity and quality assurance of packaging materials. Quality specifications depend on the type of packaging material and are regulated by the guidelines of the respective country’s government and regulatory agencies such as WHO, GMP, USFDA, etc. For example, containers are tested by various methods, for glass there are cullet test, whole container test, chemical resistance test, water erosion test, etc.
The role of packaging:
- Good packaging can always ensure patient safety and at the same time improve product safety.
- The consistency of products in different batches and production batches improves the degree of identification.
- The packaging provides safety and other stability of the product from heat and cold, since drugs are inherently sensitive.
- Pharmaceutical packaging (packaging in pharmaceutical industry) protects the product from physical, chemical and microbiological attack in order to better maintain its effect.
- The physical quality of all product doses, as well as the physical properties, must be maintained against all damage and breakage.
- The packaging maintains the characteristics of the drug and the effective use of the ingredients.
- The ideal packaging should hold the product without loss due to leakage, deterioration or penetration, retaining its effective effect.
- The ideal packaging should not absorb or adsorb any substance containing impurities while providing protection to the product.
- The cap should be compatible with the drug and better protect the product.
- The closure shall provide an airtight closure for the container. Therefore, it can prevent the growth of product microorganisms while guaranteeing the product effect.
- Ideal packaging should reduce toxicity and other risks that may be involved.
The benefits and role of packaging:
- Packaging prevents the growth of microorganisms and other bacteria.
- Good packaging maintains the sterility and stability of the product at all times.
- Packaging controls the degradation of the drug or product due to oxygen, moisture and heat.
- Packaging quality is directly related to product quality. Therefore, the pharmaceutical packaging companies uses higher quality packaging and the packaging quality is excellent because it maintains the quality of the product.
- Prevent damage from any external influences that may alter the properties of the drug product.
- Due to proper packaging, the product maintains its efficacy from packaging to consumption.
- The choice of packaging materials should be careful, and the compatibility with active products should be checked.
- It prevents mold and bacteria.
- Since this customer gets a premium product without compromising on content and quality.
- Protect the medicine from light, air and moisture. Zero change in drug or medicinal chemical properties.
In pharmaceutical industry the packaging and labelling both are critical and essential steps. These are regulated or approved by regulatory authorities like HSA. As per HSA guide lines they specified the packaging material according to particular drugs and materials. The product packaging and labelling are most important and should have 100% compliance with HSA rules and regulations. So, increase your pharmaceutical business, every step has to decide very consciously and wisely as it is examined from initial stage of manufacturing to labelling.
What we do:
Types of pharmaceutical packaging:
Vials. Bottles. Blister packs. Sachets. Syringes. Ampoules.
Requirements for pharmaceutical packaging
Importer/Wholesaler’s company name and address**
Manufacturer’s company name and address**
Subpacker’s company name and address (if any)**
“Allowed for sale as a Chinese Proprietary Medicine based on information submitted to the Authority. Consumer discretion is advised.
Sale as a proprietary Chinese medicine is permitted based on information submitted to the authorities. Choose carefully. “** (see belowone page for more details).
If there is no outer label, these information must be stated on the inner label.
Secondary packaging example
Common examples include cardboard boxes, cardboard boxes, cardboard/plastic crates, pallets, cardboard boxes, shrink wrap bundles, palletized PET bottles secured with shrink wrap, tape or glued cardboard boxes containing food cans, cans inside cardboard boxes and other types.
Pharmaceutical Packaging / Pharmaceutical Packaging Materials
Pharmaceutical packaging (or drug packaging) is the packaging and packaging process of pharmaceutical preparations. It involves all operations from production to pharmaceutical distribution channels to the final consumer. Pharmaceutical packaging is strictly regulated, but details vary depending on the country or region of origin. Several common factors include: guaranteeing patient safety, guaranteeing the effectiveness of the drug over the expected shelf life, consistency of the drug across production batches, complete documentation of all materials and processes, control of possible migration of packaging components to the drug, oxygen, moisture, heat, etc. Control of drug degradation, prevention of microbial contamination, sterility, etc. Packaging in pharmaceutical industry is often involved in the dispensing, administration and use of pharmaceutical products. Communication of proper use and warning labels is also regulated. Packaging is an integral part of pharmaceutical products.
Benefits of Effective Pharmaceutical Packaging
Effective pharmaceutical packaging will help you increase profits, gain greater market share, and better serve your customers, among other uses.